Monday, March 14, 2011

Concert at Christiania

I was lucky enough to have been recently invited to a concert in Christiania, a "freetown" in the middle of Copenhagen with a hippie vibe, featuring an Afro beat band called "Who Are You People." It was one of those nights where everyone smiled at you and the mood was completely chill.

It could be said that the location of the concert, or the mood of the music, or whatever was floating in the air that night, might have had something to do with the 'relaxed' vibe everyone was feeling, but it could also have been one of those nights where people were just a little bit kinder to one another, or a combination of all of the above.

Either way, it was a breath of fresh air and for a second I thought I was back in Madison, Wisconsin attending the "Berkley of the Midwest", dancing to Paul Cebar and the Milwaukeeans at the Crystal Corner. Which, for those that have no clue what I am talking about, means I was surrounded by good people and good music and "life was good." It was nice to feel that familiarity again, if only for one night, in my new country of residence.

No comments:

Post a Comment