Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Romantisk København

My good friend Lori just left after 8 days spent together in Copenhagen. Not only was it amazing to have a girlfriend near to chat about makeup, decorating, and the latest gossip, but it was also great to have intellectually stimulating conversations with someone experiencing the current mood of the US, both financially and politically. The latter conversations my husband particularly enjoyed. (For those reading this post that known him, I am sure you are not surprised).

My only wish is that we were on the same time zone or living in the same city so we could meet for those amazing chats once a week like we did in the old days. Having to talk about anything and everything in a short period of time is a lot to ask of anyone. Not that I am complaining. I just now realize how important it is to have close friends nearby so you can share your daily thoughts and happenings. Crazy ideas, and frustrations. Such is life as an Expat. People are constantly coming in and out of your life which means you make a lot of friends, they just don't stay in one place for very long.

My favorite part about having my good friend visit is being able to see the city I live in through her eyes. Everywhere we went, she kept saying how romantic the city was. Granted, she is only visiting and we all know traveling for a short period of time and living somewhere are two totally different experiences, but I couldn't help but open my eyes (and mind) to what she must have been seeing. Winding cobblestone streets and centuries old buildings are architecturally appeasing to the eye, and then there are the candlelit cafes and decadent desserts that appeal to the senses. Not to mention having the love and support of a life partner, makes this one romantic haven after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment