Monday, November 8, 2010

Christmas beer is here!

Every first Friday in November the country goes crazy for the release of Tuborg's Jul øl, otherwise known as Christmas beer and J-Day.

I heard about this tradition on one of my business trips to Denmark in 2007 and had a taste of the first brew on the night it was released last year while visiting my inlaws in Møn, but I have never experienced the event itself, while out and about in the city of Copenhagen.

All I can say is, now I understand the hype. First of all, beer trucks decorated with snow drive around the city with the brew, playing the Tuborg Christmas song, while friendly elves deliver beer and cheer at the neighborhood bodega. At some bodegas the beer is free for one hour and at others you might even get a little peep show. Yes, you read that correct.

Before the friendly elves arrived at our local watering hole, a topless Tuborg delivery girl made some little boys very happy with their first Christmas present of the year! God Jul!

2 comments:

  1. Do the Danish Santas and elves wear blue or is that just the ones delivering beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is just the Tuborg elves!

    ReplyDelete