Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dejlig Dessert Klub

My wonderful husband and his bow-tie wearing friend (butterfly på dansk!) have started a lovely little dessert club and I get to be the lucky recipient of the delicious outcomes. Last time they made Sportskage which has nothing to do with sports, actually. It is an amazing concoction of cream, sugar, profiteroles, hazelnut, and marzipan and has about 7,000 calories in the entire cake...or kage. But oh so good.

This time they are making Flødeboller which are a very popular Danish treat and literally translates to cream balls, but in reality they have no cream in them at all. They are more marshmallow based I would say as they consist of sugar, glucose,
egg whites, marzipan (of course!) and are covered in chocolate. You can find these treats pretty much in any convenience store or confectionery shop in Denmark and are often brought to parties
or gatherings.

The next item on the menu is yet to be determined, but I am sure it will be another successful and sweet result. I have no idea what got into these fantastisk fellows to make them want to start a lækkert little dessert klub, but they can keep on meeting and mixing and bringing home the sugar!

2 comments:

  1. If Tobias makes snegle, I would like the recipe!

    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you just added a new dessert to the list!

    ReplyDelete