Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Journey

I started this blog nearly 4 years ago after moving from the US to Denmark. Not only was it a way to document thoughts, feelings, and differences between the 2 countries, it was also a way to keep family and friends back in the US up to date on my new life in Europe. Above all, it helped me (and them) feel not so very far away.

My first challenge in my new country was learning the language, then making new friends, then finding a job, and finally getting my Masters Degree. Not to mention transition from the self-sufficient woman I was, to the other half of a couple, remembering to use the word "we" from now on. Throw some cultural differences into the mix and it has been quite a ride!

While I am still learning and experiencing new things, I no longer feel I am starting a new chapter, as the title of this blog would suggest. After all, I have practically written a book! Therefore, I am closing this chapter, and simply beginning another. It is now about "The Journey" for me which I will be documenting through images, quotes and a new post now and again on Tumblr.

If you would like to continue to follow me, you can find me here or on Twitter at @hltweet.

Vi ses for nu!

No comments:

Post a Comment