Tuesday, June 23, 2009

At Last

June 20, 2009 was a beautiful day to get married. It was sunny and the temperature surpassed 70. Two things that made me very, very happy!! Not to mention the man I married. He; or rather "we" are the reason I am in Denmark.


The morning of the wedding day went smooth as silk, with just a few rain showers that had cleared up by the time we left the house - perfect! We were even ahead of schedule. When does that happen? We followed Tanja and Mikkel down the bridal path so everyone would be present before the ceremony began. At the last minute, I see Lene running to make it. Lene is Tobias' former boss, and the reason we are together today. She had to be there! I stopped, laughed, gave her a hug, and a few minutes to get settled.


Mathilde began and was perfect. She had been preparing and took her job of flower girl very seriously! She walked very slowly, pausing after each step like a pro. She gave the crowd a knowing smile, focused her eyes on Tobias for the rest of the journey, and received a big hug at the end.


Sarah was next and had been my rock all morning. She is the reason things went so smooth. Helping me with my hair, the dress, the veil, the flowers. Looking stunning all the while.

And then it was my turn. Moon River wasn't playing, but I wasn't about to keep everyone waiting for our song as they had waited long enough, so I begin. In the middle of my walk down the aisle or 'dirt path' the song changes to ABBA. Take a Chance on Me....and all I can hear are the lyrics. "If you change your mind..."

Seriously. Is this some sort of joke? What's a girl to do? Laugh, twirl my flowers in the air, and keep on going...

June 20, 2009 was a beautiful day to get married, but the journey is what I am really looking forward to. "Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see."









No comments:

Post a Comment