Thursday, October 8, 2009

Men in Tights

Copenhagen is a city of fitness. It is apparent everywhere. From the thousands of bicyclists riding right along with traffic to the hundreds of parents pushing their babies in buggies on the sidewalks. However, the one activity that sticks out above the rest for me is running.

Not because it is the most frequent, but because it has the most noticeable outfit. The running suit. As an avid runner myself I pay special attention to fellow runners and I'm used to seeing them in all shapes and sizes and outfits. Not the case in Denmark.

For one, most runners are typically one size. Thin and athletic. Two, they all suit up in matching jacket and pants, or running tights. Yes, I said tights. Spandex looking, muscle hugging, shiny material dons the legs of Dames and Dudes!

Just the other day I saw two men warming up together at a stoplight jogging in place waiting for the light to turn green and I couldn't stop staring and smiling as the next blog immediately popped into my head. Men in tights. You don't have to go to the ballet to see them in action in Copenhagen!

2 comments:

  1. Are you now running in tights? You'll have to post some pics of those adorable men jogging in tights!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Just saw this! I will definitely have to try and sneak a pic. ;)

    ReplyDelete