Saturday, May 8, 2010

Feels like Home

Last night my American girlfriends, otherwise known as "the book club girls", and I had dinner at one of the best Mexican restaurants in Copenhagen, luckily enough just minutes from where I live.

The restaurant is called Que Pasa and it's located on a little side street in Vanløse, just blocks from where Van Morrison was inspired to write the song "Vanløse Stairway" about his Danish girlfriend back in the 80's.

The owner is from the US, grew up in Southern California, and was raised on Mexican food, just like one of our fellow book club members. Needless to say, the food was authentic, the service refreshingly American, and we found a new place to frequent whenever we get homesick.

The Beach Boys were playing on the radio, the food was delicious, and everywhere we turned we seemed to run into a another native American also living in Denmark. In fact, the woman who took this picture!

It was one of those nights when you wake up smiling the morning after. That's when you know it is starting to feel like home.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. It was an absolutely wonderful night! I was just saying this morning that those hours we spent in the restaurant, with the terra cotta colored walls, warm lighting, and Beach Boys tunes in the background was just the fix I needed! Being there made me forget all about the fact that it was gray, rainy, and about 38 degrees outside. In there, it WAS spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. I couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete